Imagine immersing yourself in a 3-day workshop with one of the best writing instructors around! For the first time ever, suspense/thriller author and writing teacher extraordinaire James Scott Bell will be inundating fiction writers with his expertise on June 28-30, just weeks away, in Silicon Valley, CA.
We at Writing for Life Workshops are so excited for this event! And this week we are giving away a scholarship to attend the entire workshop for FREE. Yes, free. So . . . here’s what you have to do to enter to win this free ride to great instruction:
- In 300 words or less, tell us why you would like to attend this workshop. Be as creative and crazy as you like. The only stipulation is that you write this plea in any point of view (POV) except human. Be a dog, an alien, a car—whatever. Just tell us why you want to come
- E-mail as a Word doc attachment to email@example.com
- Be sure to sign with your real human name, address, and phone number
- Enter BY JUNE 10th! We will announce the winner via social networking
Want to know what James Bell plans to teach? Here are just a few main topics he’ll cover:
- The 7 Critical Success Factors of Fiction, and how to put them to work in your novel
- The single-most important secret of page-turning plots
- How to plot with perfect structure every time
- The 13 signpost scenes
- How to create “jump off the page” characters
- Secrets of scene writing that guarantee suspense
- The 8 essentials of great dialog and the 12 tools to get there
- The secret of “voice” and how to develop your own
- The one plot element most writers miss
- The one crucial element that applies to every scene of your book
- How to bond a reader with a character so they have to finish your novel
NOTE: The scholarship only pays for full attendance, which includes buffet lunch each day and all the goodies provided for the workshop. You must provide and arrange your own transportation and lodging. This is a $460 freebie! But the value of the instruction is priceless!
You can read more about the event at our Writing for Life Workshop website here!
So give it a try! James states: “In one weekend I’ll teach you more secrets about writing novels that sell than most writers will learn in years of trial and error. And I’ll help you take your current project to the next level.” How can you resist?